* Understand the science behind the causes and effects that make up the broad problem of "climate change"
* Learn as much as I can about current policies, technologies, strategies, etc
* Read well-regarded books on the above topics (e.g. I just finished Koomey's [Cold Cash, Cool Climate])
* Observe/follow leaders in the space
* Meet people who know and care about protecting our environment
* Find solutions where I can contribute my software expertise to the greatest effect
I'm just scratching the surface but there is light at the end of the tunnel. There is a tremendous amount of work being done across major sectors like energy, transportation, building, manufacturing, etc. that is both fulfilling and well-funded.
I'd be delighted to connect with any other HN'ers who want to collaborate or chat. Email in my profile
Get dozens of book recommendations delivered straight to your inbox every Thursday.