2) Read something about the topic, e.g:
(there're tons of other books and resources, I won't provide everything here)
3) Speak about something you know very well.
4) Reharse. One of the biggest problem with presentation newbies is that they're unable to keep the proper timing.
5) Don't waste your audience time. Keep your talk as short as possible; don't try saying everything, try to say the most important and useful things.
6) Focus on your speech, not on the slides. The slides should support you, you should not be reading slides aloud.
Get dozens of book recommendations delivered straight to your inbox every Thursday.