- Endurance: The story about an expedition to Antartica... gone wrong (http://amzn.to/2g26L5i)
- Crucial conversations: Learn how to argue with people without starting fights. Allowed me to look at the situation more objectively (http://amzn.to/2h8w4yN)
- Making of the atomic bomb (http://amzn.to/2gJF6VU)
- Relentless: the personal coach of Michael Jordan talks about how you can become a cleaner. Great if you want to understand how great athletes think (http://amzn.to/2gJCerW)
- Make: rockets. Some cool stuff to do with the kids (http://amzn.to/2gZyQaQ)
- How to make a spaceship: The history of the Ansari XPRIZE. Interesting read about how hard it was to build this spaceship. (http://amzn.to/2h8xMzY)
My favourite so far has been Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage about Shakleton's semi-doomed voyage to Antarctica where they survived an entire winter after their boat got stranded in ice. Mostly by eating seals... and their sled dogs at one point.
- Shareholder letters of Warren Buffett: http://amzn.to/1OgZVh9
- Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage: http://amzn.to/1Oh09oz
It made me want to take one of those $5k guided trips to the artic on an old Russian ice breaker, sometime in the future.
The story - http://www.amazon.com/Endurance-Shackletons-Incredible-Alfre...
Including the rather sad postscript that most of the men that survived this adventure died in the trenches in WWI
MEN WANTED: For hazardous journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in case of success. Sir Ernest Shackleton.
I very highly recommend the book - http://www.amazon.com/Endurance-Shackletons-Incredible-Alfre...
Fresh book recommendations delivered straight to your inbox every Thursday.