- "Humans have such good self-control! They can resist cannibalism and murder so easily!"
- "Humans live for more than two years!"
- "Humans have time to learn more than a thousand words!"
- "But when you get right down to it, humans are remarkably dumb and unmotivated, compared to us."
…and most importantly:
- "Hey, can we get some life extension technology? If we lived longer, we could totally have an engineering degree by age 6."
Vernor Vinge, "Original Sin."
Get dozens of book recommendations delivered straight to your inbox every Thursday.